Introductory in-house development program for 6 to 9-year-olds. This program is appropriate for kids having played on a previous mites team or who have recently completed Learn to Play classes wanting to prepare for Jr Kraken league play.
What an on-ice session looks like:
- Skating drills
- Puck skills
- Development of hockey IQ
- Small area games
- Game simulation and sense training
- On-ice athleticism
- Cross-ice games
6-9 years (2012-2015 birth years); co-ed
If your player was born prior to 2012, please check out our Sea-League: Learn to Play program
Previous playing experience on a Mites hockey team or completion of two Learn to Play classes (NHL LTP 1 and Kraken LTP 2).
Options to choose from:
- Full season - runs week of Sept 13th, 2021 to mid-March 2022
- Fall half season - runs mid-Sept to mid-Dec.
- Winter half season - runs week of Jan 3, 2022 to mid-March 2022
Players new to hockey can complete Learn to Play classes Fall 2021, and continue into Jr Squid in January 2022.
Due to COVID protocols, start date may vary.
- 1x 60-min weekday (after-school) practice per week
- 1x 60-min weekend practice/game per week
Players will have the option to register for Monday/Sunday or Wednesday/Sunday for their two ice sessions. Days and times subject to change.
Players receive Jr Squid jerseys + socks.
Players provide their own:
- Helmet with cage
- Gloves, elbow pads, shoulder pads, shin pads, jock/jill, hockey pants
- Hockey stick
- Hockey skates
$150 deposit due now.
- Full Season $945
- Fall 2021 Half Season $520
- Winter 2022 Half Season $440
Remaining balance or payment plan begins early September.
Youth hockey couldn’t happen without the parents and community volunteers that help with all facets of the game. We have opportunities for volunteer coaches, team managers, score keepers, clock managers and penalty box managers. A great way to help out and build friendships and community that will last a lifetime.
Learn more about the volunteer commitments, benefits and training by completing the questionnaire or visiting our Volunteers page.