Adult Learn to Skate
Designed for first-time adult skaters, ALTS develops preliminary coordination and strength to move around the ice. Skaters will advance through 6 levels of the Adult Skills Learn to Skate USA program. Following this program, adults may continue into Emerald Edge Skating programs or Learn to Play Hockey.
Each level in the progression represents an 8-week session. KSA Director and Supervisors oversee the testing process by working with each instructor to progress skaters to the next level.
- Helmets are mandatory for all ages and levels in Learn to Skate. Hockey helmet with facemask is recommended. Bike, ski and skateboard helmets will work.
- Ice Skates: Rental skates are provided if you do not have your own.
- Bring gloves or mittens.
- Warm clothes: Layers are best, no jeans (Please do not dress your skater up in full hockey gear. If hockey is your interest, as they progress in their skating skills, we will slowly add pieces of equipment.
- Thin socks. (We all think thick socks are better, not in ice skates)
30-min group classes 1x per week.
$240 per 8-week session
$17.50 for LTS Member registration
Includes complimentary skate rentals and 3 public skate passes redeemable during the session.
- Helmets are mandatory. Hockey, bike, ski or skateboard helmets are all acceptable.
- Ice Skates: Rental skates are available if you do not have your own.
- Gloves, mittens, thin socks. (We all think thick socks are better, not in ice skates)
- Warm clothes: Clothes easy to move in. Layers are best, no jeans.(No hockey equipment required at this level)
2022-2023 Session #2 runs 8-weeks from November 7th - January 21st, 2023. Registration is now open for new skaters only. Returning skaters will be able to register beginning October 29th, 2022 at 12pm PST.
8 Weeks | November 7th, 2022 - January 21st, 2023:
- Week #1: November 7 - 12
- Week #2: November 14 - 19
- Break | Thanksgiving: November 21 - 27
- Week #3: November 28 - December 3
- Week #4: December 5 - 10
- Week #5: December 12 - 17
- Break | Holiday: December 19 - January 1
- Week #6: January 2 - 7
- Week #7: January 9 - 14
- Week #8: January 16 - 21
2022 - 2023 Session #3 runs 8-weeks from January 30th - April 1st, 2023. Registration opens for new skaters on October 29th, at 12pm PST. Returning skaters will be able to register beginning January 14th, 2023 at 12pm PST.
- Week #1: January 30th – February 4th
- Week #2: February 6th – 11th
- Week #3: February 13th – 18th
- Break Week | February 20th – 26th
- Week #4: February 27th – March 4th
- Week #5: March 6th – March 11th
- Week #6: March 13th – March 18th
- Week #7: March 20th – March 25th
- Week #8: March 27th – April 1st
Click below for a list of available days and times.
All skaters in Learn to Skate will require a Learn to Skate USA Membership that runs annually from July 1 through June 30 of the following year. You can purchase your Learn to Skate USA membership when registering for your classes on the DaySmart registration portal.