Designed for first-time adult skaters, ALTS develops preliminary coordination and strength to move around the ice. Skaters will advance through 6 levels of the Adult Skills Learn to Skate USA program. Following this program, adults may continue into Emerald Edge Skating programs or Learn to Play Hockey.
Each level in the progression represents an 8-week session. KSA Director and Supervisors oversee the testing process by working with each instructor to progress skaters to the next level.
No prior skating experience required.
If you have prior skating experience, please register for Adult #1. Skating director and supervisors will be able to evaluate your skills and provide proper class placement after the first week of the session.
- 30-min group classes 1x per week.
$248 per 8-week session
Includes complimentary skate rentals and 3 public skate passes redeemable during the session.
Learn to Skate USA Membership verification is required for all skaters to participate in our Learn to Skate program. Upon registration, you will be required to enter a valid membership number.
- Helmets are mandatory. Hockey, bike, ski or skateboard helmets are all acceptable.
- Ice Skates: Rental skates are available if you do not have your own.
- Gloves, mittens, thin socks. (We all think thick socks are better, not in ice skates)
- Warm clothes: Clothes easy to move in. Layers are best, no jeans.(No hockey equipment required at this level)
23-24 Session #1
Session #1 runs 8-weeks from Monday, September 11th – Sunday, November 5th. Registration for ALL skaters is closed.
- Session #1
- Week 1: September 11 – 17
- Week 2: September 18 – 24
- Week 3: September 25 – October 1
- Week 4: October 2 – 8
- Week 5: October 9 – 15
- Week 6: October 16 – 22
- Week 7: October 23 – 29
- Week 8: October 30 – November 5
23-24 Session #2
Session #2 runs 8-weeks from Monday, November 6th to Sunday, January 26th. Registration for new skaters will open Friday, September 22nd at 12pm PST. Registration for returning skaters will open Saturday, October 21st at 12pm PST.
- Session #2
- Week 1: November 6 - 12
- Week 2: November 13 - 19
- **Break** November 20 - 26
- Week 3: November 27 - December 3
- Week 4: December 4 - 10
- Week 5: December 11 - 17
- **Break** December 18 - January 5
- Week 6: January 6 - 12
- Week 7: January 13 - 19
- Week 8: January 20 - 26
All skaters in Learn to Skate will require a Learn to Skate USA Membership that runs annually from July 1 through June 30 of the following year. You can purchase your Learn to Skate USA membership when registering for your classes on the DaySmart registration portal.