Competitive play for 8U, 10U, 12U and 14U experienced players as part of the Metropolitan Hockey League.
Players will participate in evaluation skates and be assigned to an appropriate team based on skill level and age. Players should have previous playing experience on a full-year competitive hockey team, or a full year of Learn to Play, Jr Squid or Mite program is highly recommended.
- 8U - ages 7-8; co-ed & girls
- 10U - ages 9-10; co-ed & girls
- 12U - ages 11-12; co-ed & girls
- 14U - ages 13-14; co-ed
Age group is ultimately based on player's birth year
USA Hockey Age Classifications
8U play cross-ice, 10U play half-ice and 12U-14U play full-ice games.
Previous playing experience on a full-year competitive hockey team, or a full year of Learn to Play, Jr Squid, or a Mite program.
Evaluation skates run during the first week of the program, with practices starting the following week.
- Season runs Sept to March
- MHL game play includes 16 games in the season
- Breaks during Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays
- 2x 60-min weekday practices.
- 60-min game per weekend (starting mid-October) at rinks across the Seattle region via the MHL.
- 3x weekday practices
- 1-2 games per weekend. Mostly in Seattle region but could travel around the state.
Practice days and game schedules will be announced later in the summer.
$150 deposit due at registration. Payment plans available.
Players receive practice jersey and game jerseys + socks.
Players provide their own:
- Helmet with cage
- Gloves, elbow pads, shoulder pads, shin pads, jock/jill, hockey pants
- Hockey stick
- Hockey skates
Youth hockey couldn’t happen without the parents and community volunteers that help with all facets of the game. We have opportunities for volunteer coaches, team managers, score keepers, clock managers and penalty box managers. It's a great way to help out and build friendships and community that will last a lifetime.
Learn more about the volunteer commitments, benefits and training by completing the questionnaire or visiting our Volunteers page.