Our Shipwrecked 3v3 Tournament is back for its second edition!
This is a 3-on-3 hockey tournament using pond hockey goals. Join us as we host this friendly and exciting event for all skill levels. All games held at Kraken Community Iceplex.
Event will be held Saturday, December 30th.
Register as a team or a free agent to receive team placement.
Winning teams will be awarded entry into the Last Frontier Pond Hockey Classic in Alaska held February 23-25, 2024.
3v3 tournament with pond hockey goals. All teams will be guaranteed 3 games with a maximum of 4. All players will be provided 1 round of post game beer and a T-Shirt.
All registered players will be entered to win a pair of tickets to the 2024 NHL Winter Classic in Seattle. Five winners total, no duplicates. Must play in the Shipwrecked Tournament to win.
- Team fee - $495 ($100 deposit required for team sign up)
- Free agent fee - $82.50
- Elite - Div. 1-3 players
- Open - Div. 4-5 players
- Novice - Div. 6-8 players
- Beginner - Div. 9-10
- 49ers - Players age 49+
- All players must wear helmets, gloves, and hockey skates. Other protective equipment is optional but highly recommended.
- No goalie equipment or goalie sticks permitted.
- All teams must have light and dark jerseys or uniforms.
- There will be one off-ice pond official to monitor the play (scoring, time, puck reset, and arbiter of infractions).
- No checking is allowed. Such action will result in a minor penalty unless deemed serious enough to be a major (see off-ice pond official).
- No slapshots allowed. Such action will result in a major penalty and the player will be immediately ejected from the tournament.
- Players cannot fall or lay on the ice in an effort to protect the goal area. Such action will result in a minor penalty.
- Goaltending is not allowed. A player may not patrol, "camp out" or remain stationary in the crease area and act as a goaltender. A defender may deflect the puck in the crease area, but the defender must do so while continuing to move through the crease area. The crease area is defined as an imaginary box extending out four feet from the outside corners of the goal.
- Contacting the puck with a stick above the waist will result in a loss of possession.
- Saucer passes (i.e. pucks that are lifted low, below the knee) are acceptable.
- If a puck goes out of bounds, the last team to touch it loses possession. During restart, the defender must give his opponent 2-stick lengths of space.
- There are no off-sides or icing calls.
- Goals must be scored from the attacking side of center ice.
- Teams must give their opponents 1/2 ice after a goal is scored or an infraction takes place.
- All games are running-time and substitutions can be made during play ("on-the-fly") or while a puck is being retrieved. There is no stoppage of play after a goal is scored, or after a penalty is awarded. It is up to each team to ensure that there are only four players on the ice.
- Kraken Hockey League player card required.
- To enter your team, all players must be available to travel to Big Lake, Alaska for the tournament February 23-25, 2024.